Applying for a Place
We have challenging ambitions for your child and a commitment to:
- Care for your child’s safety and well-being; contacting you if there are any concerns; keeping you informed of your child’s progress and how you can be active partners in your child’s learning at home;
- Provide a balanced and appropriate curriculum to meet your child’s individual needs, delivered through high quality teaching and learning;
- Promote high standards of work and behaviour so that your child may enjoy and achieve to their full potential;
- Promote the moral, cultural and social development as well as the academic skills of your child;
- Provide an organised, effective and well-resourced learning environment within which pupils feel valued and learn to respect and cooperate with one another;
- Be open and welcoming at all times.
Hewens Primary School will abide by procedures and timescales set by the London Borough of Hillingdon, first allocating places to those children whose Statement of Special Educational Need names the School specifically. All other applicants will be offered a place providing the number of applications does not exceed the total number of places available for the relevant age group. The Trust, in circumstances where the School is oversubscribed, will allocate places in the order and according to the published oversubscription criteria.
How to apply for a place
Online at www.hillingdon.gov.uk/schools
For children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013.
If your child is born between the above dates you must apply for your child to start primary school in September 2017 by Sunday 15 January 2017.
To give your child the best possible chance of being offered their preferred school, your application must be received on time. Hillingdon council cannot be held responsible for any delays in the post or problems with internet providers; we therefore recommend you submit your application well in advance to ensure it is received on time.
National offer day is Tuesday 18 April 2017.
You can view the result of your offer during the evening of Tuesday18 April 2017 (after 17:00). You will not receive an offer letter by post.
The deadline to send back your acceptance or decline is Tuesday 2 May 2017. You must accept your offer to secure your school place.
To ensure that the appeal is heard before the end of term, please lodge your appeal documentation by Wednesday 17 May 2017.